Re: Low-power dragonslayers

From: NFranz197_at_...
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 08:24:46 EST

> I think "holy days" may be the key. Presumably if there's an Orvanshagori
in
> the tribe, he takes the lead on holy days when they enact Orlanth's various
> dragon-whupping myths. So his experience, every year, in defeating the
Great
> Sea Dragon (or whatever) might translate into some actual, real-world skill
> in fighting dragons.
>
> Just a thought...

  And a very good thought at that, thank you!

I really appreciate this feedback, and I'm going to use this idea the next time the question crops up.
I think it's time to remind all my players that EVERY feat in EVERY affinity that a character has is actually taken from a separate myth, or maybe a few of them could also stem from one myth or something like that. And the only way to get a feat is to have participated in small-scale heroquesting
already. I'm also going to stress this when talking about the game, and specifically about HQs and Theist Magic (foreign concepts to people used mostly to D&D proper and other games) to future prospective Hero Wars players. Otherwise they'll all ask, "So what's an Affinity anyway?"

Norbert