RE: Re: Spending HP

From: Matthew Cole <matthew.cole_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 19:17:27 -0000

Graham I agree with nearly everything you've said. I wasn't telling you to do anything, again sorry to give that impression. When I use the word 'you' in this context I should use the word 'one' but in normal speech it just sounds a bit pompous (and I try to avoid that).

I wasn't insinuating that your players were lacking in self control: I don't know them.

However, because of earlier posts, one could be forgiven for thinking that people have been having problems with players who just don't get how to play in HW, with regard to HPs. Note that I'm still not aiming anything at anyone.

Your game sounds like one I'd like to play in, actually.

To quote you: 'I believe that advice along the lines of "don't change the rules, tell more interesting stories" is wrong' - total agreement. I'd say 'tell interesting stories and get on as best you can with the ruleset you want to use'.

I believe that all groups have at least slightly differing rules, just from impressions gained here.

Have we come to a better understanding now? I know I understand your standpoint a lot better. I think that my mental fatigue and your flu have combined to give a more volatile situation than either of us wished to get.