Re: Handling power

From: Pete McAveney <mcaveney_at_...>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 21:05:23 GMT

(pardon me if I rehash someone else's comment, I haven't finished emptying my in-box)

Martin Laurie:

>> But it becomes increasingly difficult to find reasons for them to stay together
at all times as they rise in power. As they become chiefs, kings, high priests etc or warband leaders they all do so in different cults and groups which means that they automatically become seperated. If yo alow a top out at 20w3, that is still above tribal champion level which means each player would have to be a champ of a different tribe, hence seperated. (snip)

This is a serious problem in a campaign intended to stay focused on the clan.  Power inflation always wrecks conventional campaigns when the players become powerful enough to reshape the institutions of the game world. HW can handle that situation better than most games, of course.

However ... the Hero Wars have begun! The existing social structure is doomed!  Your player characters are supposed to destroy the game world, it's in the plotline.

Pete McAveney