magic of beastmen

From: Philippe Sigaud <sigaud_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 14:49:43 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I'd like to write some adventure taking place in Beast Valley, for a group of beastmen. So I'm going back to basics, wondering about their society and more particularly, their magic.

I suppose they are animist ? I also suppose the Lady of the Wilds is one of their main spirits ? But I don't know much beyond that. If anyone has idea about a Beastman Tradition, I'll take it.

I'm planning to give characters a sort of Ancestor/Practice for each race (either centaur, minotaur, fox-women, satyr, ...) and associated spirits (Musky Smell, Shiny Horns, Jump Far and High, Piercing Shriek, etc.), but maybe someone already wrote something about this ?

btw, it seems reasonable to me to imagine some 'exchange' process concerning magic and spirits between beastmen and grazers. Of course, on a small scale, but I suppose nevertheless that some (rare, PC ?) centaurs may have some fire/bow magic coming from hte Grazelands. Does that seem OK ?

Philippe