GloranthaCon Trivia Contest - contributors needed

From: Jeff Kyer2 <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 18:25:52 -0500

Gathered Tribesfolk;

As Gloranthacon draws near (less than eight weeks!) we remember that one of
the oldest traditions of a Gloranthacon is the "The Pub Triva Contest." We've got a pub. We've got a con. Now we need some trivia...

We'd like the Gloranthan tribe to help us with this trivial pursuit. Four of
the five rounds (Geography of Glorantha; Spirits, Gods & Scriptures; The

Lunars; Past, Present & Future) we will squeeze out of our illustrious guests. For the fifth, though, we want your help - and whether or not you
are coming, you can join this competition and win a prize.

The first round will simply be "Gloranthan Esoterica!" We want a list of 10
questions, starting with a few relatively simple ones and getting steadily
more difficult until they reach a crescendo of frightfulness with question
10, which should truly test the mettle of the most boookish Gloranthaphile!

Come up with your list of 10 questions, with answers (and ideally sources as
well) and submit them to us. The one we think best suits the quiz - remember, they should start easy and get harder - the aim is for everyone to
have fun, not be humilated for the ignorant rogues they undoubtedly are!) -
will win its creator their choice of a map of the Lunar Empire, a copy of Moon Rites, or the Imperial Lunar Handbook, regardless of whether they are coming to Gloranthacon. However, if he or she is also coming to the con, then there will also be a free drink at the bar to celebrate.

Caveat: We would like to avoid questions like 'list ten subcults of Orlanth' - we would prefer questions which have a definite answer.

Send any replies to Paul Rocchi at procchi_at_... or to gloranthacon_at_...

We will be taking trivia entries until Feb 21, 2003.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Jeff Kyer
Gloranthacon VIII Organizer
March 7-9, 2003
Toronto, Canada
http://www.gloranthacon.com

P.S. For those coming to Gloranthacon, they have to be pre-registered by the Feb 14th, 2003.