Re: Number of homelands in HeroQuest

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 09:43:38 +1300

Andrew Solovay writes:

> Peter Metcalfe wrote:

>> What's wrong with the Unspoken Word's Book of Uz?

> Nothing at all, and I own it! But I wouldn't mind having more, and
> besides, until something comes out with an Issaries logo on it,
> it's in immediate danger of being Gregged.

It does have an Issaries logo on it. Since Issaries has limited output and time on what it can produce, I find requests that it repeats what a high quality fanzine has just put out (on the dubious assumption that Issaries can come up with something miles better) to be myopic.

> Besides, there's a whole lot of Uz we don't know about! I keep
> hearing about how weird the Blue Moon folks are, but I never
> get details.

Simply because places like those are "nobody goes there" places, rather than "hero homeland" places. Thematically they are more suited to heroic exploration rather than having heroes based there.

More to the point - the Blue Moon folks are known for keeping details about them secret. Most people know they are weird but that's all they know. The few people that know more will mention their association with bats.

 --Peter Metcalfe