Re: Lunar candy???

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 02:09:45 +0300

Melanie wrote:

> My question: what kind of "candy" would they eat in Glorantha?

Windlords. Hoomakti. Lunar officials. Yum.

> Any suggestions?

Hard candies might be tough -- you might try nicking into an Asian or Indian food shop and see if they have something that might serve well for Lunar candy. Hmm -- if there's a historical reenactment group in your area, you might be able to get something (I've had medieval Balkan hard candy, so there's some exotic stuff out there...).

Not helpful for what you need, but they actually used to eat something close to SnowCones in the ancient world, and (what with the Yolp Ice Monopoly in Peloria, and the whole Orlanth thing in Sartar) it's a potentially popular dish!

Don't forget gummi worms for the uz among your guests!

Moon shaped cookies, of course -- in all the phases!

If you want a trollish dish, I think there's still a Kin Pie recipe on my website...

        http://www.wam.umd.edu/~gerakkag/kinpie.html (Given that the actual dessert looks horrific, trolling it up isn't too hard...)

I had a "bring your favorite trollish food" event at a gaming session once, with the caveat that whoever brought it had to eat some of it first. Plus the bonus joy of discovering the disgusting favorites your friends secretly eat!

Cheers,

james