Re: Lunar candy???

From: me1stra <melstra_at_...> <melstra_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 01:06:17 -0000

> > My question: what kind of "candy" would they eat in Glorantha?
>
> I doubt that sugarcane and chocolate are available in the Lunar
> Empire so variations of those sweets should be extremely rare.

Oh dear...i see I failed to plant my tongue firm enough in cheek when making my post...

As a former medieval reenactor, I'm well aware that most primitive societies would not have had access to chocolates, sugared sweets, etc etc, but my question was really more on the whimsical side. Basically, is there a commercially available sweet such as gumdrops or rootbeer barrels that we could stretch our imaginations to include in the Gloranthan realm? I'm not talking authenticity-police here, just pure fun. :-) I might just stuff a jar with marshmellows and call them distilled cloud sheep. ;-)

Many thanks to Mark for the gummy-bat link. Traveling in Germany as frequently as I do, I should have known they'd exist. I have a friend who is a big fan of gummy french fries. *eye roll* Personally I prefer sour apple rings. Mmm. Back when I used to eat sugar that is...

Any suggestions still welcome-- but keep in mind I plan to fill a jar with these things and "raffle" it off to the one who correctly guesses how many there are.

-
Mel