RE: Re: Griffins of Glorantha?

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 03:27:17 -0000

Oliver wrote:

>> RQ-2 describes griffins fully as intelligent as humans. RQ-3, and >> Later Anaxial's Roster, describes them as beasts.

> Hmm, just read it. It gives the attribute of "cunning" which does
> imply to me that they are just beasts.

"Cunning 18" could mean they are *sentient* animals. See AR p.13.

The hurdle between sentient animals and intelligent races is somewhat tendentious, see AR p.12. But griffins, like harpies, probably fall down for having no culture of their own.

I see no reason to run them any differently to RuneQuest griffins.

Cheers, Nick