Re: Griffins of Glorantha?

From: illuminate33 <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_...> <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:35:15 -0000

> > To me, the simple answer is to assume that the scholar's
assembling
> > Anaxial's roster and less than omniscient. Clearly they have
heard
> > of cunning but savage and non-sentient griffons, and they take it
> > that all are like that.

Nick:
> I disagree. The scholar who provided Hero Wars stats for griffins
> made it clear in those stats that they are as intelligent as any
> other sentient animal, and more intelligent than some.

I don't talk with any authority or official canon. But over the Block of Prax, sentient griffins live and keep relatively peaceful? relationship with the band of fanatical uroxi. Maybe it means they have some original mythology with Genert Garden.

And if I remember correctly, some of old documents said that Griffins are subspecies of inferior dragons, like wyvern or magisaurus.

And see here:
http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha/creatures.html Lionbird. Maybe it is Owllion in AR p.25.

Anyway, I don't think they are the proof that griffins have several different origins. At least you can check the opinions of Trotsky and Greg.

TI