Re: Fledgling scenario idea

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 15:05:51 +0300 (EET DST)

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, bryan neff wrote:

> Sarah, Graham, and Mikko--
>
> Thank you for your support and clarifications.

It's a neat idea. Pretty much like the more epic parts of my own campaign have gone.

> Indeed I was trying to go
> for a Cthulhu type story. I picked Nysalor/Gabji only b/c I like the idea
> that his body was dismembered and the pieces hidden. I am trying to explore
> the notions of "what would happened if our buried secrets came back to haunt
> us"...

<snip>

> So, Krajalk may be an alternative--what about Ragnaglar whose body was
> destroyed by the Spike. Could some evil force capture a bit of his remains
> and entomb it for future worship or havoc??

The trolls are known to have chopped many chaotic creatures to bit's and hidden them.

One good way to get to the setting you describe is that a clan of trolls nearby had been guarding a site where a part of some chaos god is buried. The trolls got destroyed (parhaps by the very orlanthi clan that get's hit by the chaos thing) or driven away, and the chaos thing has slowly been working it's way free. Parhaps the trolls vere driven away several decades ago, so nobody makes the connection...

        -Adept