Subject: RE: MEETING SOMEBODY FROM ANOTHER HEROQUEST

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 14:41:28 +0100

> From: "guy hoyle" <ghoyle1_at_...>
>Subject: RE: MEETING SOMEBODY FROM ANOTHER HEROQUEST
>
>Suppose I (as a player) want to ambush somebody who's on another heroquest.
>How would I go about this? Would I have to enact a complementary heroquest,
>or is there some kind of Heroquest Ambush power?
>
>Suppose I (as narrator) decide that a character might be pulled into an
>enemy's heroquest. Again, I'm a little fuzzy on how I'm supposed to game
>this out. What abilities might be appropriate to resist this "pull"? Hos
>powerful should the "pull" be in game terms? How does this process appear to
>the gamer?

I don't know if it helps, but my thesis is:

When you heroquest and face, say ZZ, you aren't facing any one heroquesting ZZ worshipper, but all of them. The heroplane/godplane is timeless and every ZZ worshipper and ZZ himself are there opposing you. The question then is how do you get to face an amalgam in which a specific ZZ heroquester contributes more to.

My answer is that physical distance, emotional relationships, temporal distance etc. determine this. So if you start your ritual exactly the same time, not too far away to a ZZ heroquester who you have a relationship with (mutual hate, rivalry etc.) that ZZ heroquester will likely dominate the ZZ version you face.

All completely open to debate:

Thom