The Liberation of Sartar

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 21:29:28 +1100

A True Story.

Argrath: 'The Arming ritual is complete! Now I can prove my descent and lay claim to the High Kingship! Sartar will be free! I only have to slip on the Heir's Cloak, for without it even I would be imolated when the Flame of Sartar burns anew! Backboy, bring the cloak!'

Backboy: 'Ummmm, I don't have it, great thane.'

Argrath: 'What?! Where is it!'

Flustered Backboy: 'Ummm, Kallyr was keeping it safe, great thane.'

Argrath: 'And where is Kallyr?'

Lowly hanger-on: 'She's just ducked down to the Boldhome market with a couple of her thanes, lord. Said she wanted to buy some fresh turnips for tonight's stew.'

Argrath: 'Bugger...'