Re: Re: Glorantha the Movie

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 15:49:01 +0000 (GMT)

Surely there's enough Gloranthan content there that no-one would be tempted?

CGI dragon-newts crawling up/through the walls: wants it!

Jareel and mob of kids storming the place. (Hudson Leick aka Callisto as Jareel? Just dye her hair red.)

The last stand of the Household of Death? (Macaulay Culkin as Harsaltar the Terrible, just because I want to see Macaulay Culkin horribly killed)

But, I don't care how good they'd look in CGI, I don't care how many gadgets could be put in there, THERE WERE NO MOSTALI. Not on either side. Nor any Aldryami, no matter how cool walking plants are, or how many spare Ents are in the proprs department. Any more than there was an elven army at Helm's Deep. Yes, they looked good. This is not an excuse.

Hmm, better do Runegate just so we can have the Bat landing on it....

In fact, make the first film of the trilogy the fall of Sartar, the second one can be 1602-1624ish, and by the time 1625 comes along they might have figured out really good CGI or equivalent for the Dragonrise.

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts http://uk.my.yahoo.com