Re: Re: Glorantha the Movie

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 10:46:32 -0800

> A Gloranthan movie? I'd **reeeeeeeally** like to see a CGI Orlanthi duck
> bandits vs Lunar(?) ballista baboons epic, set on a rainswept Sartarite
> mountain and locales exotic & diverse, with a wagon full of beetroot,
> flustered humans, despotic deities, baffled chaos armies and a celeb
walk-on
> Zorak Zoran raiding party, perhaps played by Russell Crowe. But that's
just
> me.

Watch out John, that may just turn up as the next wargame I run (if I find enough 'boons, I got all the Ducks already).

Jane:
>The last stand of the Household of Death? (Macaulay
>Culkin as Harsaltar the Terrible, just because I want
>to see Macaulay Culkin horribly killed)

Seconded fully! There's a number of other overrated actors that could be put there - starting with Liv Taylor.

>But, I don't care how good they'd look in CGI, I don't
>care how many gadgets could be put in there, THERE
>WERE NO MOSTALI. Not on either side. Nor any Aldryami,
>no matter how cool walking plants are, or how many
>spare Ents are in the proprs department. Any more than
>there was an elven army at Helm's Deep. Yes, they
>looked good. This is not an excuse.

Ah, c'mon Jane, we could have a brief shot of the Cannon Cult blasting away at the walls (to no effect) maybe the enchantments on the Cannon could fail ... spectacularly. That's why they aren't mentioned - they were ineffective and died early. But think of the special effects! Little bodies (and parts of bodies - better get the guy that did Saving Private Ryan on the horn) and a huge barrel somersaulting through the air... A rain of Mostali parts demoralizing the Aldryami, who promptly go into shock and take root.

And we've *got* to get a charge by the Thunderlizards and Earthshakers into the movie somehow - triceratops with howdahs, T Rexes and Allosaurs stalking the lunar commander, velociraptors cutting through the Thunder Delta Slingers like err, small hungry dinosaurs through a light infantry unit (the scene from Mummy Returns when the pygmy mummies attack...)

Earth Elementals breaking through the ground like the bugs in Starship Troopers...

:-)

Roderick