Re: Little Red Vinga

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 13:01:28 -0700

Guy wrote

> It seems to me that the classic fairy tale Little Red Riding Hood could
> easily be adapted to be one of Vinga's legends. ...
>
> There's the Wolf (is there any particular Vingan association with
> Telmor, or does Telmor just
> personify the threats of the wilderness in this case?).

If it were an East Ralios myth, then the Telmori would be Telmori, a dangerous and hated enemy. (I agree with Wulf that to the Heortlings, the Telmori wouldn't be a particularly mythic enemy.)

But "threats of the wilderness" is probably a better way to treat it as a heroquest -- the specific form a danger occurs in is not fixed, IMO. David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein