Re: Gryphons - origins and myths

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 09:42:16 -0800

> Does anyone have any information on the orgins of Gryphons in
> Glorantha? I think they are probably pretty tied in with Dara Happa
> and Rinliddi but I'm having trouble finding any source materials.

Anaxial's, Page 24:

"Galgarenge is the Mother of Griffins. She was born on the earth but sought to be with the Sun, and kept flying upward trying to reach it. Yelm caught her each time she fell, exhausted. She grew stronger and stronger, and finally reached so high that she was scorched and impregnated by the solar fires. The children of this union were the race of griffins that so loyally serve the Sun God."

RR