Re: Glorantha D20?

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 03:32:31 -0000

91 (plus spouses and kids) - I confess to being somewhat disappointed. As I said, few new faces. Another reason why I think we need to make a decent, high-visiblity event or mini-con at a large-scale gathering like Origins.

> Is there avaiable any transcripts of the Glorantha D20 panel? I'd
love to
> have been a fly on the wall there.

I believe that is one of the panels that Dave is transcribing. Some will be in the Moon Rites II book and others will be available on the DVD/CDrom.

> What was the gist of that panel, if anyone cares to share? I would
be
> thrilled either with a re-release of RQ2, or a Glorantha D20. I'm
story
> based in the way I run games, but my audiences demands clear,
simulationist
> mechanics. As one of my players said, "I don't want to tell or hear
> story, I want to play a game." I, for one, prefer story and game to
be
> interwoven, but as much as I want to like it, current HW mechanics
are too
> vague for me to wrap my head around.
>
> I'll support and purchase II products, no matter what, but I think
that a
> Glorantha D20 or Gurps is desperately needed, or a RQ2 reprint.
Elsewise,
> Glorantha will go the way of Jorune and Tekumel - which is ironic,
since
> Tekumel D20 is being done by Guardians of Order.

Please, not GURPS. I find GURPS to be (ironically) incredibly rigid and inflexible for a supposedly universal system. I just don't think it would fit.

> Proverbs of Orlanth, King of the Storm Gods
> Chris Bell
> coridan_at_o...
> argrath_at_a...

Jeff