Re: Glorantha d20

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:36:39 -0000

> This is my impression of what was discussed at the Gloranthacon d20
> panel.

Tim provides a summary which sounds spot-on to me. As one of the more boringly prominent speakers (along with "Old Uncle" Ken Rolston, and James Maliszewski as panel moderator), that's probably worth knowing.

> This assumes, of course that (a) Greg would be willing to license
> the world out and (b) someone would be interested in acquiring the
> license (and I suppose (c) some mutually agreeable deal could be
> agreed on)

There was also a floating (d), whether anyone able to do this would be willing to work with Greg/Issaries. From his own experience (RQ3 and RQ4), Ken Rolston cast *serious* doubts on this (i.e. all else being perfect, *he* wouldn't want to do it).

See also http://www.etyries.com/articles/hate.htm#greg (#10).

Further to (a) is the subordinate question of whether, even if he were *in general* willing to license the world out (which he isn't), Greg would be willing to license the world out as a d20 sourcebook (which he *certainly* isn't). This is based on observations over a period of time, and on reported discussions subsequent to the panel, and won't be in the transcript. Just so nobody gets too excited...

Cheers, Nick