Re: GURPS Glorantha?

From: Robin D. Laws <rdl_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:21:31 -0600

At 09:51 PM 3/17/2003 +0200, Mikko Rintasaari wrote:

>Each to his/her own, I suppose. Still, it's a popular system, and many
>people who don't run their games in GURPS still can read it well, and
>buy the sourcebooks. Another perk for the hypotethical GURPS Glorantha.

HQ intentionally targets a particular playing style. Once HQ has had time to establish itself, I'd love to see a GURPS Glorantha book or line to appeal to another playing style. Traveller, which now prospers in GURPS, d20, and (I think) some variation of Classic Trav, shows the potential commercial viability of this parallel approach. The marketing alliance between SJG and Issaries would give the idea even more impetus.

That said, I wouldn't want to be the one to attempt the Herculean task of creating products doing simultaneous justice both to Glorantha and the rigorous expectations of the GURPS audience...

Take care >>> Robin