Stop brainstorming !

From: Hallier Wilfried <vingo_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 02:25:57 +0100

Criticize Issaries Strategy and Game Design is enough! Brainstorming must end!

IssInc has to publish strong source books as TR and ST. Sadly not translated into french. ":(
However french people read and love both. 8))

BA & OiD are good start for a second line which serve to illustrate Source books.
Others like UW, Tradetalk, Conventions books and else have to go further in detailing campaigns and in illustrating sourcebooks.
But I feel they must go further in this direction.

For example, edit booklets (cheap to produce and to buy):
- Define shortly the campaign (cpn)

That's all.
It has to be playable immediately and it should have links for further informations to Issaries Sourcebooks. I feel 12pages booklets could attrack many people and neither only actual fans nor only newbies.

After fifteen years of rpg, I could tell that game system is not a true problem. Nevertheless I disagree to change again for anything else like Gurps, D20 or RQ4, RQ2. Also I like RD Law's game design. And HW system is a good one.
Surely HQ have to clarify and simplify many points.

Afterwards, marketings (web, mags) and demonstrations will do their parts of tasks.

Let's go now !

Wilfried Hallier