Space Opera Wars.

From: rich_at_rwb <rich_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 10:46:33 -0000

Hi there,

Really sorry to post this out of the blue like this, I'm a terminal lurker on this group. Iam not really sure this is the right group for this, I seem to remembor that there was a HW rules group as well once, but I don't appear to be able to find it?

I've run HeroWars a couple of times and I think that the system is the best I've come across for "2 fisted" fantasy. I'm about to run a "2 fisted" space opera game (think Flash Gordon or Buck Rogers) and I think HeroWars has a system that'd capture the "feel" that I want. Does anyone know if there's any notes online anywhere for doing this? I mean things like typical SciFi carrear keywords and stuff. Plus maybe an idea for using Gadgets, cybernetcis and Psionics rather than Theism, Mysticism etc.

I make this stuff up, but I'd rather not re-invent the wheel...