Re: Glorantha D20?

From: Kevin P. McDonald <paul_mcdonald_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 17:16:03 -0500

My regular gaming group met last night, and I posed the question to them: "Would you like to see a D20 or GURPS game for Glorantha?" The answer surprised me.

My group has played quite a bit of D20 lately (D&D, Wheel of Time, Call of Cthulu, D20 Modern, and now Gamma World). They seem to enjoy themselves and I have never heard a complaint. Their response to D20 Glorantha, though, was one of horror and revulsion! The players felt that these systems would not depict Glorantha's uniqueness well, and would make Glorantha seem like any other game world. They believed that HeroWars captured this uniqueness better than either of the other systems would.

On the down side, when I asked how they would introduce Glorantha to a bunch of newbies one player exclaimed "With Runequest second edition!" He pines away for the good old days of limbs flying off in combat and being just as quickly reattached with a Heal-6. The other players didn't object to his assessment, either. <sigh>

~Kevin