Re: Vinga's Runes; Big Man

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 07:43:02 -0700

Trotsky wrote

> Death, Motion, 'Lodril'. The latter may represent warm earth or something
> like that - or just 'protection' of course.

I wonder if it's a typo for Vinga's rune (which is also square)? Many other deities in the book use their main rune for a specific affinity.

Henrix

> Yes, I was a bit surprised that G:IttHW listed Vinga as one of the six main
> goddesses of Esrolia. I would have expected Voria.

This was a typo. I can't remember if it's made the errata yet.

Bryan

> I like the sound of "BIG MAN". I will hope TR comes out with a write-up. I
> myself am not versed in mythology well enought, though I could get the
> skills and feats down for a god of strength.

My guess is that it would not -- I assume you're familiar with "Morden Defends the Camp" (which is in the Deluxe box, and also on the King of Dragon Pass CD)?

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein