Re: Fun OR Accuracy?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 19:20:54 +1200

David Blizzard:

>Yelmalio. Does anyone who hasn't been carefully following all the details
>for the past several years understand what happened to him?

Never at any time was it said that Yelmalio did not exist.

>He was
>part of the Yelm pantheon, but doesn't seem to exist as part of that now.

He is part of the Yelm Pantheon.

>However, if I want to pick up the "Glorious
>Reascent of Yelm" to use as a book in my campaign, I then have to explain
>why he doesn't exist in the book. A son of Yelm who isn't recognized in a
>major work about Yelm.

Because Yelmalio was revealed during the Battle of Night and Day which is some hundred years after the Glorious ReAscent was written. More details are available at:

http://www.glorantha.com/hw/cultural_suncounty.html

which has been out for a couple of years now.

>Who is Elmal?

Either a god that defected from the Fire Tribe to join Orlanth or a traitor.

>Who is worshipped in the Sun Dome Temples?

Yelmalio.

--Peter Metcalfe