Re: Pyramid push for articles

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 18:23:48 +0000

>Writer's Guidelines, including those for Pyramid, are at
>www.sjgames.com/general/,
>along with a lot of other information.

Having subscribed to Pyramid ever since it went online, I've been asking in their discussion forums
(http://www.sjgames.com/pyramid/login/discussion/gindx.html?g=sjgames.pyramid - subscribers only, of course) what sort of Gloranthan articles fellow subscribers would like to see in future issues. So far, everyone who has replied has said that they want some sort of basic introduction - something that requires no prior knowledge of the setting and dispels the idea that Glorantha is 'too complex and detailed to game in'. I have some ideas as to how to go about doing this, which I'll be attempting to put into practice over the coming week, but I'd suggest its certainly something to bear in mind. Articles that require too much prior knowledge (as with my only previous attempt at a Pyramid HW article, which you can find through their archives as an object lesson in what not to do!) are not likely to bring new players in - they'd be better somewhere like Tradetalk :-)
--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic