Re: Apple Lane

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_...>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 09:41:32 +0100

Bryan :

(hmmmm ... this sort of looks like the wrong forum for this, although I'm not really sure why ... )

> Flamal taught the trees to protect their seeds in hard shells or
> bitter fruit, so that everyone else wouldn't eat them, and taught them
> to make small, inconspicuous flowers so that they wouldn't draw
> attention to themselves. Uleria couldn't approve of this attitude,
> and seduced the Apple Tree, creating offspring with beautiful flowers
> and large, red, sweet, fruit. Of course, everyone ate this fruit, but
> they in doing so they spread the seeds far and wide. Flamal learned
> that love from this that love too can be a survival strategy, and he
> taught a few other trees to copy these actions.

But this is great !

If we get enough ideas, we could probably build an entire (and entirely frivolous) cosmology around the place !!

My own ideas posted elsewhere.

> The settles knew that this marked a
> site to the love-demon Uleria,

She's NOT a demon, that's just a Heortling prejudice, and ...

> so they avoided the site mostly,

This, given human nature, is unlikely in the extreme !! :-D

Julian Lord