Re: Making the titles of products commercially appealing (WAS RE: Re: disappointed)

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 22:56:48 +0000 (GMT)

> "Atlas of Dragon Pass" ...

hang on a sec: is this an atlas? A collection of maps? I thought there were going to be some Words in there, too? More like a gazeteer, in fact?

So I don't know what it is or where it's set. Options here:
1) I'm stupid
2) I know very little about Glorantha, and this area of it in particular
3) the title needs changing
4) some combination of the above...? (because you might want to sell it to stupid ignorant people, too)

> And if you suck in a few dragon fans,
> they might become Gloranthaphiles when they see
> that this setting has the most freakin' cool dragons
> in all of gaming.

This is true. It does. Are they described in this atlas (or whatever it is) of wherever it is? Because if not, this one product isn't going to suck them in, is it?

> The people on this list already plan to buy the
> book.

err.... I do *now*. Probably.

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts http://uk.my.yahoo.com