RE: Clan Sizes

From: Dave Bailey <dave.bailey_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 09:08:46 +0100

Hello,

> > Charles Corrigan wrote:
> > >
> > > Does anyone have ideas on the range of clan sizes in Sartar in 1620,
> > > specifically smaller clan sizes?
> > > regards,
> > > Charles
> >
> > Including women and children and old geezers hacking up a lung, a clan
> > can go pretty low -- 400 or so before the clan is too small be be stable
> > or able to defend itself. That gives you about 200 useful and hale
> > adults.
>
> I don't understand. Are you counting women out from the "useful and hale
> adults"? Strange.
>
> -Adept

        [Dave Bailey] From the clan creation work that's been done and some other places the clan sizes 500-2000 are for "healthy adults", I guess that's anybody contributing to clan survival. It doesn't include children so I'd say the actual clan sizes would be 1000-4000 individuals as big fluffy round numbers.

        Dave.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute, or take any action or reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender. Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited.