Some questions...

From: Viktor Haag <vhaag_at_...>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 13:43:38 -0500

I have some questions about Start history/culture, which will assist me in my campaign: any answers, official or otherwise, are appreciated...

  I have the "Dragon Pass" map from KoDP that's available on the   Issaries site: are there any maps, semi-official or otherwise,   that detail the countryside between Boldhome and Swenstown?

+ Daughter's screams alert someone (guard, weaponthan,

       someone) who catches the tax collector in flagrante
       delicto

+ King's weaponthanes, plus members of King's fyrd, capture
tax collector and his "retinue" (no doubt some lives are lost in the struggle, on both sides)
+ King immediately convenes his ring (how long does this
take, a day, or an hour? Does the King's ring live with the King or near his stead, or must they be fetched from their own clans/steads?) to decide what must be done
+ The tribe/King decides that the summary execution of the
tax collector is just and appropriate punishment [what does the tribe decide to do about the collector's retinue? kill them as well? sell them back to the Lunar occupation? release them? How does the Lunar occupation feel about ransoming their officials and/or guards? How does the Lunar occupation feel about the crime of rape, and the process of weregeld?]
+ Somehow the Lunar occupation receives word about what
happened among the Dundealos. If the collector's "retinue" was released, then they can find out that way. Otherwise, how would the Lunars find out?
+ Lunars decide to seek nasty reprisals against the
Dundealos King: perhaps they arrive to grab him (and others) to arrest them for the crime of killing the tax collector/guards?
+ The tribe decides that heading down that path would be
impossible; they kill/drive off the detachment sent to arrest the King and prepare for the worst. -- The worst arrives all too soon; a Lunar Army is sent to quell the "rebellion" and most of the Dundealos are killed or driven off their lands. -- One of the Dundealos clans that decides to turn against their King is set up as the head of the new Enstalos tribe? [Where would the Enstalos come from, otherwise?]

  What is the Lunar presence in the area, and where are there   centres of operation? Where would the tax collector have come   from, and who would he report to?

  It would seem unlikely that all of this could get sorted within   a season (and with Dark season following on Earth season, it   seems unlikely that any of it would happen then).

--
Viktor