Re: Re: Moving to "HeroQuest" (or whatever) group?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 00:08:23 +0100 (BST)

> If a good-sized majority of the readers here thought
> it was a good idea, I would be happy to open a set
> of forums up at one of my websites. YahooGroups is
> very annoying in my opinion, and there are much
> better choices for running a forum. (For one
> example, look at my interactive site at
> http://www.differentcomputers.com )

I've taken a look, I've even set up an account. Very pretty, nice and fast (though the actual content is of zero interest to me, so I didn't go very far).

(BTW, the "create an account" link in the first nav bar is broken.
http://www.differentcomputers.com/user.php doesn't seem to exist)

But, as far as I can see, it's *only* the sort of "forum" that you have to remember to visit to see if there's anything new? It doesn't send you emails? If so, it would be completely useless to me. I'm already a member of thirty or so groups of various sorts, all of which come to one place: my inbox. No way am I going to visit thirty different web sites to get my messages. They send me email, or they get ignored.

Yahoo! Plus
For a better Internet experience
http://www.yahoo.co.uk/btoffer