Re: Animists and their religious beliefs

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 15:08:09 -0000

> From examples in play, we've found that the animists are *quite*
> powerful. Haven't seen a 'raw deal.' From a game standpoint, they
can
> deal out considerable smackdown on a theist or sorcerer with their
more
> generalized fetishes. With talents gained from spirit and
integration,
> they can gain a startlingly wide array of abilties.

Actually, I should have said Animist Cultures have been given a raw deal - better yet, have been under-represented. The rules have thrown up a lot more anomalies basic to the rules and characters (like the recent discussions on whether the Shamanic Circle was mundane or not, how many spirits a shaman should get, my question on spirits outside the traditions, etc) than with theists or sorcerors. I do agree, as individuals, animists can be powerful, and quite resourceful.

Wulf