Re: Mailing lists

From: Newt <newtiswrong_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 16:15:02 -0000

> I think regional lists will allow newbies to move up a level
> quicker and not be bowled over by info on other regions.
>
> Cheers,
> Mick

One thing that bothers me about your idea of having regional lists, is that some of them may be empty to start off with and never take off, since people don't tend to play there and/or may degenerate very quickly into vague discussion since nothing concreate has been published about them.

My regular campiagn is set in the Eastern Wilds of Ralios, and while I would value a list that develops this setting in a constructive way, I know that published material, offical or fan, is a bit thin on the ground. In short I would rather see a Ralios workgroup of stout heros producing informative and playable material rather than a Ralios gassing group of greybeards nit picking and periodically engaging in absurd flame wars of one upmanship. Given the very nature of discussion lists I can see the former happening very quickly.

I'm definatly in the camp that is against fragmenting the community. On the grounds its hard enough to keep up with the traffic on existing lists as it, and having yet more lists would only add to the image that Glorantha is difficult and obscure to get into.

Regards

;O)Newt

ps Remember www.eurolog.org/gencon2003.htm ->Four days of Gloranthan Gaming at Gen Con Uk this Easter Weekend.