Re: Re: Lunar Goddess etc

From: donald_at_...
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 21:17:57 GMT

In message <b73es8+egtk_at_...> "simon_hibbs2" writes:

>I know this is getting esoteric, and I appologise for that.
>However it is actualy crucialy important to my current campaign,
>and the ability of one of the players to play his character.
>We're doing some interesting and funky magical stuff, and
>frankly you need more background than the books give to realy
>have a chance at this sort myth hacking.
>
>The characters are agents of the Empire, and it's fairly
>streightforward to understand the aims and goals of the Empire,
>which are pretty clearly laid out so far as their specific
>mission is concerned. However Alicia is also a Priestess of
>Natha, and so her first loyalty is to Natha. These coincide
>generaly, but as always the devil is in the details of how
>to achieve both at the same time without compromising either.

I'm probably sticking my neck out here, but aren't the religious details the sort of thing best left to the player to sort out with the narrator? How does Alicia see the goddess and her interests?

I long ago reached the conclusion that all the gods of Glorantha, the Lunar ones especially, were too complex to understand fully and even if Greg knows the details wouldn't be published as canon. If at some future date she encounters another priestess with different ideas then there's a new plot, which one is true? maybe it will take a heroquest to resolve the issue.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/