Re: ILH1 thoughts

From: Mark Galeotti <mark_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 18:36:32 -0000

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the kind words.

> * I wish there were Orlanthi cultural presentations that were as
> clearly and usefully laid out. Maybe, with Issaries's copious
> underutilized resources, a similar "players' practical
introduction to
> the Orlanthi" could be produced at some point.

HQ will have a similar 2-page Homeland for the Heortlings, complete with all the same features (and a very nifty picture by Markku)

> * The ILH is missing, as far as I can tell, only two things: (1)
> sample scenario (though hooks seem to be provided throughout).
(2)

Space. Simple as that - for a sample scenario to be meaningful, it needs to be more than just a cameo and thus stretch for several pages, and we wanted to cram in all the background we could!

> Sample characters. The product stands alone without them, but
with
> them, it would answer every "what do I do with this?" question.
>
> The missing sample characters is something that could be easily
> rectified; someone (perhaps even me -- hm...) could write up a
sample
> beginning-player-level character and a higher-level-but-not-JarEel
> hero, and they could be posted on the Issaries site as "web
> enhancements" or something similar. (Or submitted to Pyramid and
> referenced from the Issaries site.)

Please do - II is always looking for interesting characters for the site (Lunar or otherwise), whether as a guide for newcomers or as an aid for harried Narrators needing pre-generated characters/allies/antagonists. Send them to online_at_...

All the best

Mark