Re: Contributions

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:19:47 +1100

Nils:

>A question for all of you who have submitted contributions
>to the Glorantha web site:

>Have you got any direct feedback from the readers? I have
>included mailto: links to make this possible and I'm curious
>whether they have come to use.

I had quite a few initial replies to the 'What The Arkati Trickster Shaman Taught Me' essay on Gloranthan worldbuilding, including (surprisingly) some mails from young non-Gloranthan worldbuilders that generated an quite interesting correspondence.

The Far Point Acrobat files in the essays(?) section - 'The Finest Music' short story, 'Taroskarla' tribal history and Mikael Raatervoa's excellent 'Spirits of the Far Place' (which incidently, have internal mailto: links) have generated some general queries about the Far Place and requests for further info. Being essentially reprints from QL of course, many old timers already have them sourced. And a few welcome comments, pro and con, about using PDF files to distribute information.

Cheers

John

nysalor_at_...                                John Hughes

The metaphysicians of Tlon do not seek for the truth or even for versimilitude, but rather for the astounding. They judge that metaphysics is a branch of fantastic literature.