RE: Malia

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 13:29:39 +1300

At 23:37 10/11/00 +0000, you wrote:
>Keith N:
> >I don't accept this. Only Disease Masters
> >have a religious duty to spread disease.

>And in Hero Wars, the role, or even the existance, of some of the old RQ
>"rune levels" is generally played down.

So Malia Shamans don't exist? News to me.

><rant>
>I think the whole "misapplied worship" thing is over-rated. Aeol proves that
>Orlanth is just a man with storm powers. Was he wrong, and therefore
>practicing misapplied worship?

No, he's not wrong. His way is just more difficult than others. He is no more wrong than a Dormali who blames the increased difficulty of some of his spells on Zzabur's curse.

>If Aeol is
>"objectively wrong", then what's the point of an identity challenge?

What does an Identity Challenge have to do with this? That's only used to challenge someone who has heroformed or incarnated an ancestor, and has nothing to do with misapplied worship.

--Peter Metcalfe