Re: Question(s)

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 18:01:01 +0100 (BST)

> If you were new to Glorantha, and wanted to start a
> campaign for people who have had no exposure to
> Glorantha, but had access to all published
> Gloranthan settings (official or unofficial),
>
> 1) Which one, if any, would you choose?
> 2) If you chose NOT to go with a
> previously-established Gloranthan setting, which
> non-published area would you go with?

As someone else said, it depends. We're looking at a situation here where I have a defined set of players before I have a defined campaign. So I'd ask them what sort of thing they wanted, and go from there. I'd tell them the "good bits" of Glorantha, the ideas on what you can do with it, and see what appealed.

Last time I did this, they said "isn't that the place with the ducks?" So we ended up with the Marshedge clan, next to the Upland Marsh, and half the PCs being feathery.

If they wanted the whole clan-based thing, then yes, the new setting, Barbarian Adventures and so on. (Though not the predefined scenarios: I've never managed to use a scenario "straight" in my life, and I doubt if I'd manage it now).

But if they don't, then I'd go somewhere else.

The problem of introducing them to Gloranatha gradually is tricky, but either starting them in a very small community (so they have a limited amount to learn) or saying that all of them come from Somewhere Else (so the characters don't know the place they're all in, but nor do they need immediate details on their homeland) are the obvious solutions.

Yahoo! Plus
For a better Internet experience
http://www.yahoo.co.uk/btoffer