Re: Re: Sarotar Keep

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 18:24:32 +1000

Having done a quick looksit on Sarotar's Keep, I notice it was built in Telmori territory (KOS 138). Now the Telmori crossed the Creek around 1460, causing much havoc with the Torkani, Culbrea, Maboder and Cinsina. Sartar made peace with the Telmori around 1480, and they remained friends with his dynasty if not the surrounding human clans. Sarotar's Keep was *probably* built between 1521 (the earliest date for Sarotar's initiation) and 1546 (the date of his death). It was almost certainly built between 1520-1552, the dates for Saronill's reign. (Sarotar was a son of Saronill).

Given this, its unlikely that the Keep needed to be a major defensive structure - more likely it was a military fort housing cavalry and other troops, created by the Boldhome dynasty to keep the peace between the Telmori and their human neighbours. There is no major town or anything worth *defending* nearby.

Its also highly probable, depending on the fort's exact location, that it is now part of Wulfsland and so controlled by the (retired) Lunar general Jomes Wulf (remember the name, you won't forget the cliff) and his veterans, along with Fort Wulf.

All this notwithstanding, the more general discussion on the buildings of the Sartar dynasty has been informative, and I hope it continues.

John