Re: Roleplaying a Taraltaran

From: MorganConrad <morganconrad_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 16:24:30 -0000

Simon writes:

"We are All Us. The mystic ignores all social, political and religious barriers or divisions. They immanentize the coming era of universal unity and peace by living it in their daily lives."

Could work. So a Pelendan female mystic would setup camp just outside a Yelm temple and preach sexual equality? And get lots of eggs thrown at her. (or non-eggs depending on the Yelmi geases) (oh yeah, she can whip them into a nice souffle with her whirling blades :-) In answer to my question of "what does the mystic give up as part of their discipline?", it is support from the "normal" authorities. (Hmm, a trickster mystic...)

My one concern is that this could slide into the unhappy Chaotic described by Ray Turney in CoT - unhappy cause they just can't break all the laws, it's impossible. But, given the Lunar connection to chaos, this makes sense too.

Thanks Simon, it gave me some ideas...