Re: Re: Orlanthi Initiation

From: Mike Gibb <m.gibb_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 13:51:18 -0000

> I'd recommend taking a look at "Growing Pains" in Tradetalk 4(?) -
> It's a tribal rather than cult initiation, but is definitely mythic.

So what is the difference between tribal and cult initiation - to be accepted as an adult into the tribe, is the same as being accepted into the cult of Orlanth is it not? (I know there is variation of the cults within the tribes). Is there a separate way to 'initiate' into the tribe without joining Orlanth - leaving the door open to choose your cult later? the way I saw it was for all the players to be going through the general Orlanth initiation and to either be able to select another cult later - or to be selected by another deity during this initiation!

This has got my head spinning already - but I'll try and lay my hands on TT4 (thanks for that)

mike