RE: Kangaroo (was Re: Avon (was "Cafol") [Getting further OT])

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 14:25:42 +0800

At 6:20 AM +0100 20/5/03, Nick Brooke scribbled:
> >> BTW, do we know of any kangaroos in Glorantha? One of the minor
>>> Praxian tribes, maybe? ;-)
>
>> I've heard mutterings of a Kangaroo tribe in the Wastes, although
>> I couldn't give references. I know they were nowhere near big
>> enough to be in Prax.
>
>See: http://glorantha.temppeli.org/digest/gd6/1999.03/4044.html
>
>Peter Metcalfe said at the time that the Loper tribe aren't Kangaroo riders,
>and that he doesn't know what a Loper is.

        As Andre goes on to say in that thread, Greg at one point said that a loper was a moropus. A moropus is a prehistoric, now extinct in the RW, sort of giant ground sloth/tapir/horse critter.

        There is no doubt more to it than that. Anyone wanting to find out more about moropuses can find plenty on google.

	Cheers
		David