Getting Further OT

From: Viktor Haag <vhaag_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 17:28:01 -0400

MorganConrad writes:
> Hmm, I ask about roleplaying a Taraltaran, and it's "Off
> Topic, Please take it to the Digest". From multiple posters,
> including Greg and Jeff.
>
> But dozens of posts about kangaroos are just fine.
>
> Enjoy yourselves guys, I think I'm outta here...

As far as I can tell there's two kinds of 'Off Topic' here:

(a) Beyond the Scope of This Group, under which the topic about

    playing a Taraltaran presumably falls

(b) Off Topic here, and on the digest, because it has absolutely

    nothing to do with Glorantha at all

It may seem odd, but the current practice seems to be more hard-line with a-topics than b-topics, presumably because it's felt that a-topics will scare new players away from Glorantha, while b-topics won't (even though they represent noise more than a-topics).

If you understand that distinction and can live with it, why not come back. If you can't or can't, then I guess we'll see you later, maybe.

(Frankly, I don't have much of a problem with the distinction: my only opinion on the matter is that there's too large a coverage gap between this group and the Glorantha Digest, such that "intermediate" level topics aren't comfortably covered in either location. But that's just my opinion, and no doubt I will now be firmly corrected by many people.)

--
Viktor