RE: Taraltaran mysticism: HQ vs GD

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 06:18:25 +0100

Alison asks, rhetorically:

> Is this fair to newer players? Are your attention
> spans any shorter than those of long-time players?
> Are you any less capable of discussing the issues?
> God, I hope not!

In the same vein, I ask: given that the rules of the road for this Yahoo!Group and for the Glorantha Digest are widely available and generally followed, is it fair to newer players to assume they are unable to follow them? Is their ability to subscribe to mailing lists any less than that of long-time fans? Are they any less capable of taking threads to the most appropriate list when politely requested? God, I hope not!

> I would suspect that those who subscribe only to HQ may
> be annoyed that the longer 'grown-up' discussions are
> only allowed in a group which habitually discusses
> topics deriving from material that new players don't
> have, which is supposedly why HQ Daily was established
> in the first place.

I would suspect that anyone who felt this annoyance (or a different one, related or otherwise) would be free to express it, either here or on the Digest. But in my experience, nobody does...

> Is it hoped that, sooner or later, all HQ-only subscribers
> will 'graduate' to the Digest, leaving the Daily for the
> quickie questions only?

Not by me, no. Some stuff, this list does better.

Cheers, Nick