Re: Flax

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 00:00:59 -0700

I'd put cotton in the DH Empire - somehow it just seems to fit - after all, Egypt was a big cotton producer for a while. Flax (and Linen) are definitely used in Sartar & Heortland (at least in my mind - too much research into 16th cent. Scotland & Ireland many years ago) it's not all just wool and leather. The West probably uses flax as well, While the east must have silk! Of course, trade in silk from East to QWest probably occurs - maybe through Pent? I can't imagine any merchant in their right mind going through the Wastes with bales of silk...

RR
- Richelieu