Re: Althing?

From: illuminate33 <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_...>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 06:21:21 -0000

Thanks Oliver, Roderick and Jane,

John Hughes wrote:
> I personally tend to use 'thing' to apply to tribal,
confederation, and
> even national level gatherings, and use 'moot' or 'weapontake' for
clan
> meetings. For instance, the Aldathingi is a gathering of the Far
Place
> tribes each Earth Season, held during the harvest market. (Perhaps
> significantly, this is also the accustomed end of the cattle raiding
> season).

(Snip his very inspirational idea.)

IMG (now I just makeup),
Althing was held only in the ancient history, firstly by Vingkot  on the Grizzly Peak, and its tradition was inherited to Heortling Council combined to Unity Movement of Dawn Age.

In Third Council, it was called Dragon's Ring or Coil, and ended with Accelerated Worship of Youf leaders....

Before the topic moved to too much esoteric topic, please let me go back to Digest binder.

TI