Re: Meldek in our midst

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 20:11:45 +0000

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000 19:15:40 -0000, "Phil Hibbs" <phil_at_....uk> wrote:

>Can annyone think of a cool reason why an Orlanthi clan might keep a Meldek
>sorceror around. I have an awkward player who insisted on playing a sorceror
>character in what was supposed to be a typical Orlanthi clan based game. He
>isn't even an Aeolian, his magic doesn't fit.
>
>One factor that helps is that the clan in question can field the largest
>army of any in Dragon Pass, and the character has a mastery in "Military
>Genius".

We have a Telmori Follower (my character's) who I'm treating as a voluntary hostage for the good behaviour of her clan, and a couple of Praxians who arrived long ago as RQ II/III PCs. I figure so long as they make themselves useful, provide more advantages than disadvantages, and serve the clan without doing anything too outlandish (the Telmori gets locked up every so often, like Oz in Buffy...), they'll be tolerated.

In other words, they can believe whatever they like, within reason, so long as they don't do it in the street and frighten the horses.

Wulf