Re: Re: Invasion of Sartar 1591

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 16:13:01 +0300 (EEST)

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003, John Hughes wrote:

> My bet would be it would be one of a continued series of feints and
> counterfeints in the aftermath of the Lunar victory at Grizzly Peak (1582)
> and so confined to Wintertop and the Far Place. The Far Place joined Sartar
> in 1583.
>
> John

Meaning that it would be a probe in preparation to the final, full scale offensive of 1602?

Gauging the strenght and readyness of the Sartari and making estimates of the troops needed.

It must have gone horribly wrong and impressed the brass no end. Afterall the emperor himself comes to lead the attack, hires the dragonewts at some inhuman cost, bribes the far off Praxians to engage the Pol Joni, and in addition to many heartland corps he brings the Crimson Bat!!!

Those Sartarites must have really put on a show in those earlier engagements. Talk about overkill...

        -Adept