RE: Meldek in our midst

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 17:17:36 +1300

At 22:43 14/11/00 +0000, you wrote:
> >How does a sorcerer get "Military Genius"?

>He writes down "Military Genius" as one of his 10 additional abilities, and
>assigns a number to it. The guy doesn't know much about Glorantha, so isn't
>playing a Malkioni or anything organised like that, he just wants to play a
>D&D-style magic-user.

Given that D&D-style MUs aren't military geniuses either, how does he explain this in terms of character conception? I'm curious as we might be able to find a plausible gloranthan explanation for it.

>I've told him they don't exist, that there's no magic
>without some form of religious framework,

There are atheistic sorcerers in Glorantha and there was the infamous *wince* Redbird *wince* *wince* in Greg's house campaign.

--Peter Metcalfe