Re: Tibetan for Auld Wyrmish

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 04:06:13 +0300 (EEST)

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Andrew Solovay wrote:

> Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...> wrote:
> > Check out the beautiful script. I'm quite happy to use it as the human
> > invention of Auld Wyrmish written down:
>
> My private suspicion is that Auld Wyrmish's written form should be somewhat
> more alien...

<snip>
> ...'mind me again... was Auld Wyrmish the eveyday speech in the Youf, or was
> it only a learned/mystical/religious language?

In wide use, but to truly understand and be fluent in AW one must have a split tongue, a split mind and a split heart.

Then again the procedure is supposed to have been really simple, and once you had it done to you, you could do it to the next curious one.

The written form was invented by humans and used by humans. It doesn't necessarily resemble the actual Dragonewt Speect all that much.

        -Adept